Primary Health Care Services

Primary health care services are provided at Primary Health Care Centers (hereinafter-PHCC): Naujamiesčio PHCC and its Gerosios Vilties branch, Senamiesčio PHCC, Lukiškių PHCC, Vytenio PHCC and further GP offices in Trakų Vokė and Aukštieji Paneriai.


Family Practice

Goal. To provide primary health care services, do check-ups of infections, encourage healthy lifestyle, manage preventive programs, ensure timely and quality health care provision.

Mission. To protect and improve society’s health and satisfaction of health care services.

Vision. To provide high quality, safe and accessible health care services.

PHC centers mainly perform these services:

  • Provide medical support in case of acute and chronic diseases;
  • Provide outpatient primary health care (for children and adults): disease prevention programs, immunization, educational and preventive activities regarding various health issues;
  • Refer to Disability and Working Capacity Assessment Office at the Ministry of Social Security and Labor of the Republic of Lithuania according to indications;
  • Perform laboratory and diagnostic analysis and refer for medical specialists’ consultations, implement preventive health checks before school, kindergarten, studies.

Primary health care services are provided by:

  • Family doctors 
  • Internists 
  • Pediatricians 
  • Surgeons 
  • Obstetricians/Gynecologists 
  • Odontologists
  • Psychiatrists
  • Psychologists
  • Social workers
  • Nurses
  • Vaccination nurses
  • Medical receptionists.

They all collaborate with other employees providing primary health care services and social support.



All primary and secondary health care services of obstetrician-gynecologist are provided to women covered by the compulsory health insurance at Women’s Clinic which is at Centro poliklinika.

The referral from your family doctor is not necessary when you want to register at an obstetrician-gynecologist of the primary health care. Willing to visit an obstetrician-gynecologist of the second health care, you will need the referral from your family doctor or the obstetrician-gynecologist of the primary level.