VšĮ Centro Poliklinika
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE PERIOD OF ISOLATION FOR INDIVIDUALS AT RISK OF THE NEW CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)2020 03 02
If you were at risk of being infected by the new coronavirus (COVID-19) during the last 14 day period, i. e. were visiting affected areas, you must stay at home (self-isolate) for 14 days to prevent the possible spread of infection and be available on telephone and email throughout the full isolation period. Please read this information carefully.
Purpose of the isolation:
• early identification, isolation and treatment of individuals with symptoms of the new coronavirus (COVID19);
• prevent the spread of infection and the development of secondary cases.
Does that mean I'm infected with COVID-19 as well?
Not necessarily, but we cannot exclude this possibility. Each infectious disease has a specific incubation period, i. e. the period from the time of entry of the infectious agent until the symptoms of the disease develop. According to the current data, the incubation period for COVID-19 infection may be up to 14 days. Therefore, monitoring of individuals at risk is recommended in order to provide timely, qualified assistance and the appropriate measures for the infection control.
What does it mean to be isolated?
It means you must:
- not leave isolation area for 14 days (from the last day of your stay in an affected area)
- not attend public places such as school, work, university, mass gathering, etc.
- not invite any guests to your home during the entire period of isolation
- measure your body temperature daily, monitor your health and notify by phone your public healthcare specialist of any changes in your health condition (cough, shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing);
- if possible, let your family and friends, who are not in incubation period provide you with food and essential needs. If this is not possible, it is recommended to order food home
Should I wear a medical mask at home?
It is not necessary to wear a medical mask at home if there are no symptoms of infection.
Wear a medical mask if you have symptoms of a respiratory infection such as cough, sneezing and you have to go to the hospital by ambulance.
How can a person become infected with coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large group of viruses that can cause a variety of respiratory diseases. Mostly coronaviruses cause mild or even asymptomatic infections, but they can also cause serious respiratory infections, such as coronavirus infections of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (ARRS) or Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
Certain coronaviruses are transmitted from person to person, usually in close contact with a coronavirus patient, i.e. at home or work, in medical care facilities.
COVID-19 can be transmitted from person to person. The virus can be transmitted through airway droplets when the person is coughing or sneezing. There are indications that COVID-19 may be secreted by some individuals before symptoms appear.
What are the main symptoms associated with coronavirus?
Symptoms of COVID-19 infection:
- difficulty in breathing.
If at least one of these symptoms occurs within 14 days, call 112 immediately for emergency assistance, tell the circumstances of your illness (it is necessary to specify if you have visited China for a period of 14 days), and follow the medical recommendations.
What to do after the period of 14 days?
You are no longer considered to be at risk of the disease and you can return to your regular lifestyle if any symptoms of the disease do not develop within 14 days from the date of the last exposure.
(name and surname)
confirm that I have read and understood the recommendation provided, I had the opportunity to ask questions and I got appropriate answers to all the questions I asked on the basis of the recommendation. I
(agree / disagree) to isolate myself and follow the requirements upon the recommendation.
(name, surname, signature) (date)